Thursday, June 10, 2010

Revising GAME Plan

What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice?

I will be teaching Kindergarten next year, and we all know that children as young as Kindergarten are not usually diagnosed with anything at that age. ..unless it is something physically that you can tell (ex. downs syndrome, CP, etc). But dealing with children with disabilities is something that I will have to tweak my curriculum and way I deal with them. I would like to spend this summer finding new ways to improve the ways to teach Kindergarten. I have taught it for 10 years, but I feel like I am open enough that I welcome suggestions.

What goals are you still working toward?
I feel there is one goal I will be working on over and over and for a long time. When I last taught Kindergarten it was 5 years ago, and technology was NOT that up and coming. It was there, but nothing more than email and random things to look at on the internet. Now, having gone through this class and learning what I have the past 4 years, I am feel quite confident in what I will be able to do.

Based on the NETS-T, what new learning goals will you set for yourself?
Indicator 2; Standard 2a: Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments. Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS*S. Teachers:
a. design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.

I want to promote creativity with Kindergarteners. That isn't always easy and it is going to take a lot of creativity.

What learning approaches will you try next time to improve your learning?
I would like to say that I will try the problem-based learning....but I feel that before I try it out on students I want to make sure that I understand exactly how it works. I would like to see a teacher in person try it and observe it happening. I would be willing to try this approach with Kindergarten because they "might not remember" if I make a mistake.

Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology Integration for Meaningful Classroom Use. (M. Staudt, & M. Stranz, Eds.) Mason, OH, USA: Cengage Learning.

National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS-T) located at http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/
2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment