Thursday, May 20, 2010

There are many things that I have to do to achieve my goals that I have put into affect for the GAME plan. As a teacher we may need certain resources certain times, but maybe not the entire time of the plan. I would need scheduled lab time each week, and not have to worry about messing up schedules. I would want the children to spend a great deal of time exploring time on the computers and able to have free time to see how things work.
I would spend time asking the kids for names for what they want our blog to be. Suggestions, and see how they wanted things to work. I would use a projector to show what is on my computer to show the kids first hand what they will be doing.

I know our three computer teachers. They are called our LSTC's. I have a great relationship with one of them in particular, and she and I get along very well. She has come in to my computer lab this year and gone above and beyond to make sure that things are connected and working like they should. This whole thing could eventually take off to ways that teachers, parents and students couldn't possibly imagine.
All of this can and will be incorporated into my teaching. I would eventually like for this to be done by the grade level.

2 comments:

  1. Computer labs are an important resource for teachers. At my school they often do not work and when they do, scheduling is difficult. I have found that computer time is precious at my school, teachers are fighting over access to the computers. When I did my student teaching, the school, had a weekly schedule for the computer lab. Most classes got to go twice a week. I was surprised by this but thought it was an excellent chance for students to gain knowledge and skills in technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the way to make this work is through schedules. If schedules aren't followed, it's not going to work. They need the hands on approach to gain knowledge and skills in technology. How long ago did you do your student teaching?

    ReplyDelete